Dr. Yen-Wen Lu
Yen-Wen Lu is a technical advisor in our patent practice group. He had worked as a faculty member at Rutgers University and Rochester Institute of Technology. He is a well-recognized scholar in the areas of nanotechnology and biological chips, and has led his research team to receive several federal (U.S.) and international research grants. His expertise includes interfacial sciences, chemical/biochemical detection systems, microfluidics, NEMS/MEMS technology, and semiconductor processing/manufacturing technologies. Dr. Lu earned his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
- A. Weissman, A. Frazier, M. Pepen, Y.-W. Lu, and S. J. Yang*, “Cyber Integrated MEMS Microhand for Biological Applications,” Proc. SPIE Security and Defense Symp., Micro- and Nanotechnology Sensors, Systems, and Applications Conf., Orlando FL, 2009
- K.S. Teh, Y. Takahashi, Z. Yao, Y.-W. Lu,“Influence of redox-induced restructuring of polypyrrole on its surface morphology and wettability”, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 155, pp.113-119, 2009
- Y.-W. Lu, and Chang-Jin “CJ” Kim “A Microhand for Biological Applications”, Applied Physics Letters, 89 (16), 164101, 2006
- J. Ok, Y.-W. Lu and Chang-Jin “CJ” Kim “Pneumatic Microcage for Microbe Manipulation in Biological Liquid Environment: Microbe Capture Experiment and Survey of Related Devices”, Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 15, pp. 1499-1505, 2006
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
- B.S., Agricultural Machinery Engineering, National Taiwan University
- English, Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese
Contact and Appointments
Law Office of Michael Chen
17700 Castleton St., Suite 373
City of Industry, CA 91748
Or use our contact form.
New Online Presentation
Now you can learn more about our services and fields of practice online.