Dr. Yung-Chun (Eric) Hsu
Eric Hsu is a technical advisor in the patent practice group. Prior to joining our patent team, Dr. Hsu had worked as a business development consultant with Zhongmei Healthcare Group. In his previous role as a licensing intern with UCSD technology transfer office and USC Stevens Center for Innovations, Dr. Hsu evaluated and marketed a wide variety of technologies at different stages, including therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical devices. In addition, he was a consulting team leader of a business development project for Kinetic Concept Inc. Dr. Hsu has more than 13 years experience in the research area of biomedical sciences. He was awarded for two postdoctoral positions with Cornell University and Roswell Park Cancer Institute. Before coming to the US, Dr. Hsu was a research assistant with Institute of Earth Sciences, Academia Sinica.
- “Activity of the hypoxia-activated prodrug, TH-302, in preclinical human acute myeloid leukemia models”, Scott Portwood, Deepika Lal, Y.-C Hsu, Rodrigo Vargas, Megan K Johnson, Meir Wetzler, Charles P Hart, Eunice S Wang. Clin Cancer Res 19(23):6506-19, 2013
- “Conjugated linoleic acid-induced apoptosis in mouse mammary tumor cells is mediated by both G protein coupled receptor-dependent activation of the AMP-activated protein kinase pathway and by oxidative stress”, Y.-C. Hsu and M. M. Ip. Cellular Signaling 23:2013-20, 2011
- “Conjugated linoleic acid-induced apoptosis in p53-mutant TM4t cells is mediated by activation of the AMP-activated protein kinase pathway”, Y.-C. Hsu, X. Meng, L. Ou, and M. M. Ip. Cellular Signalling 22:590-599, 2010
- “Apoptosis Induced by t10,c12-conjugated Linoleic Acid Is Mediated by an Atypical Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Response”, L. Ou, Y.Wu, C. Ip, X. Meng, Y.-C. Hsu, and M. Ip. J. Lipid Res. Feb. 2008
- Ph.D., Physiology and Biophysics, State University of New York at Buffalo, New York
- Master's degree in Bioscience Management, Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences
- B.S., Atmospheric Sciences, National Taiwan University
- Certificate in Research Commercialization, National Council of Entrepreneurial Tech Transfer
- Certificate in Regulatory Affairs for Medical Device and Pharmaceuticals, RAPS
- Certificate in BioEntreprenurship, University of California at San Francisco
- English, Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese
Contact and Appointments
Law Office of Michael Chen
17700 Castleton St., Suite 373
City of Industry, CA 91748
Or use our contact form.
New Online Presentation
Now you can learn more about our services and fields of practice online.